There’s a lot of really cute Christmas recipes going around this year but there’s one that really stuck with me. I’m not really one for baking but I think I will have to try this (:
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (110g) caster sugar
- ¼ cup (60mL) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (225g) self-raising flour
- ½ cup (70g) custard powder
- 290g pkt NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE White Melts, melted, plus 1 cup (150g), melted, extra
- 16 white marshmallows
- Green, red, orange and black food colouring
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 50g NESTLÉ SMARTIES
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan forced. Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add in milk and vanilla extract. Fold in flour and custard powder.
- Press dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest.
- Divide dough into three portions. Roll out one portion on a sheet of non-stick baking paper to about ½ cm thick. Using an 8cm round cookie cutter, cut rounds and place on the trays. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden. Cool for 5 minutes on the trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Once cookies are cooled, carefully dip into melted NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE White MELTS. Working quickly attach a marshmallow onto cookie as show in picture. Leave for 5 minutes or until choc has set.
- In 4 small bowls add extra melted NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE White Melts and evenly divide oil into bowls, add individual food colouring into each bowl, stir to combine. Pour individual colours into separate piping bags fitted with small round nozzles and decorate with NESTLÉ SMARTIES according to picture.